Silicon Austria Labs (SAL) is Austria's top research center for electronic based systems and aims to become a leading European and international research centre in electronics. SAL is located in Graz, Linz, and Villach, and covers a wide spectrum of research activities in power electronics, embedded systems and AI, intelligent wireless systems, photonics, sensors, and microsystems.
The first edition of SAL Symposium, dedicated to 6G, will be held in Linz, Austria, on November 22 & 23 2023 as a two full day event with over 20 internationally renowned invited speakers from academia and industry. SAL Symposium on 6G will be a single-track symposium with all speakers by invitation-only (full in-person mode, no proceedings), dedicated to discussing the challenges and emerging technologies of future 6G. As the premier event in Austria focusing on 6G, the symposium ambitions to bring together academic, industry, and RTO leaders from various communities, verticals, and expertise along the value chain to discuss their 6G vision and underpinning 6G technologies in areas such as artificial intelligence, metamaterials, intelligent surfaces, integrated sensing, communications, localization, neuromorphic and hardware-efficient architectures, software radio. Aside invited talks, the program will also feature poster sessions, panel, social dinner, and social event.
Confirmed speakers include
- Sir John Brian Pendry (Imperial College London, UK),
- Emilio Calvanese Strinati (CEA Leti, France),
- Marco Di Renzo (CentraleSupelec, France),
- Cristian Della Giovampaola (WaveUp, Italy),
- Angel Lozano (Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Spain),
- Harald Haas (University of Strathclyde, UK),
- Stephen Wang (Viavi, UK),
- Christoph Studer (ETH Zurich, Switzerland),
- Markku Juntti (University of Oulu, Finland),
- Andre Bourdoux (IMEC, Belgium),
- Visa Koivunen (Aalto University, Finland),
- Slawomir Stanczak (TU Berlin & Fraunhofer HHI, Germany),
- Andreas Mueller (Bosch, Germany),
- Björn Ekelund (Ericsson, Sweden),
- Thomas Zemen (AIT, Austria),
- Klaus Witrisal (TU Graz, Austria),
- Christoph F. Mecklenbräuker (TU Wien, Austria),
- Mario Huemer (Johannes Kepler University, Austria),
- Andrea M. Tonello (Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt, Austria)
Further information here
Poster Submissions Deadline: September 1, 2023
Acceptance Notification for Poster: September 15th, 2023
CALL FOR POSTERS
The technical program committee is soliciting contributions for the poster session devoted to recent results in the general area of 6G. We encourage PhD students and junior researchers to participate. There will be no published proceedings. Extended abstracts (1 to 2 pages maximum) for the poster session should be submitted with "Poster SAL symposium 6G” in the subject to: Ingo Pill Ingo.Pill@silicon-austria.com.
Electronic submissions must be in the Adobe PDF format, and of sufficient detail to permit careful review.